Here are just a few points taken from the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx. Do you think any of these describe what is taking place in the United States today?
- Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
- A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
- Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels. (Those who oppose the state)
- Centralization of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
- Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
- Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
- Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
- Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country.
- Free education for all children in public schools. Combination of education with industrial production.